Better rates than the big five
Because we’re a member-owned organisation, our goal is to give back as much as possible. This is why our savings accounts have better rates than big banks.
Get more for your money
|Transfer money between accounts||tick||tick|
|Make one off payments||tick||tick|
|Set up automatic payments||tick||tick|
|See account balances and transactions||tick||tick|
|Message us through the app||tick||tick|
|Account type||Direct debit dishonour||Dormant account||Foreign currency|
|Spending account||$25||$5 per month*||2%|
|Achiever saver||$25||$5 per month*||N/A|
|Bonus saver||$25||$5 per month*||N/A|
|Christmas Club||$25||$5 per month*||N/A|
|Future Saver||$25||$5 per month*||N/A|
*Accounts become dormant after 12 months of no transactions. The dormant account fee is refunded if the account is reactivated.
Fees from other banks may be on-charged: telegraphic transfer fees; dishonour fees; special answer fees; and/or cash deposit fees. Call 0800 429 000 for more information.
The fine print
Voucher limited to one per account holder.
To qualify for a $20 New World voucher you must:
- Open an account before close of business on Friday 26 February 2021
- Each month, from March to October 2021, make at least one deposit* and no withdrawals
To qualify for a $10 New World voucher you must:
- Open an account between Monday 1 March 2021 and close of business on Monday 31 May 2021
- Each month, from when your account is opened, to October 2021, make at least one deposit* and no withdrawals
*Excludes credit interest.
Eligible for members under 20 years old. Members over 20 must transfer to another savings account.
- Payments are processed every 2–3 hours during the day.
- Payments from your account are processed if you have sufficient funds in your account.
- Payments from your account into another PCU member’s account are sent immediately.
- Payments from another PCU member to your account are received immediately.
- Payments from other banks will be paid into your account as soon as we receive them. Banks have different payment times so you may receive payments at different times throughout the day.
- Incorrect payment amounts or incorrect bank account numbers can not be reversed by the Police Credit Union. You must seek reimbursement from the payee for any payment errors.
- Scheduled payments will be processed the morning the payment is due.