Our Personal Loans are for Police and their family's personal and lifestyle needs.
Benefits of our Personal Loans
- Easy to apply with a fast decision
- Great interest rates
- Loans come with a Top Up facility*, meaning you can re-borrow the amount you have already paid off
- You can make early or lump sum repayments without penalty, therefore you can reduce the interest that you are charged on the loan
- Free of charge - Loan Protection Insurance is provided to you covering the outstanding balance of your loan upon your death or total permanent disablement to a capped amount of $75,000 and for members aged under 65 years. All claims are subject to the terms and conditions of the Policy
- We can secure loans against your Police Superannuation Scheme (PSS) or Government Superannuation Fund (GSF)
- We can secure loans against motor vehicles
- We also offer Unsecured Personal Loans up to a maximum of $10,000
How do I apply?
Online Application - complete our Online Loan Application.
Over the phone - call our friendly team on 0800 429 000 to discuss your borrowing needs.
Proof of income is required to accompany your Loan Application and for loans secured against PSS or GSF, we will also need a copy of your latest superannuation valuation. To use your PSS as security, this balance is available at www.policesuper.co.nz alternatively you can call Mercer on 0800 777 243 to arrange a valuation.
Normal lending criteria and a $100 establishment fee applies to all new loans.
Click here to see our Terms, Conditions and Loan Agreements.
*Top Up Fees: Loans Fully Secured by PSS or GSF have a fee of $5 per Top Up when complete the Top Up through Mobile and Internet Banking. If you require the Credit Union to complete the Top Up on your behalf or Top Ups for any other types of loans a fee of $10 per Top Up applies.